Each and every gemstone is very rare and precious in its own way. There are more than 4000 minerals available on our planet and most of us have never seen many of these minerals in real life. Simply, we can classify minerals as gemstones which are based upon their chemical composition, crystal structure, refraction and optical characteristics. Natural gemstones are usually very expensive. The rarer a gemstone is, the more expensive it tends to be.
Here we are mentioning some of the most expensive gemstone available in our country from The World.
- Red diamond:A diamond is always considered as the most expensive gemstone. Red diamond, with a price tag of over $ one million per carat and it comes at no. 1 in the whole world. We all assume that red color comes from an impurity. But this precious diamond is actually derived from the plastic deformation of the crystal lattice. Moussaieff red diamond is discovered as the largest red diamond in the world.
- Taaffeite:It is a very rare mineral which is mostly misidentified as spinel. The gemstone was surprisingly first discovered already cut and was polished in 1945. The primary difference that found between taaffeite and spinel is the double refraction. The gem is found within Tanzania and Sri Lanka in alluvial deposits.
- Grandidierite: It was discovered in Madagascar in 1902. It is actually a very rare gem that can fetch up to $ 20000 per carat.
- Serendibite:it was originally discovered in Sri Lanka in 1902 and is considered an extremely rare gemstone. This gem can garner up to $ 18000 per carat.
- Diamond:the chemical composition of diamonds are pure carbon arranged in a diamond lattice which known for its incredible strength and durability. It has become the centerpiece of most engagement rings.
- Alexandrite: Its value is $ 12000 per carat. The most incredible thing about this gem is the changing color of this mineral where it appears emerald in light and ruby red in the darkness.
- Red Beryl:this gem can garner up to 10000 per carat. Pure beryl is actually colorless in nature but acquires some coloration from trace amounts of additional elements.
- Musgravite: The gem was originally discovered in Australia in 1967. It is considered to be a very hard and rare gemstone and its value is about $ 6000 per carat.
- Benitoite: It has the value of about $ 4000 per carat. The gem is made up of barium, titanium and silica and it is bright blue in color. This rare and expensive gemstone is found in California. It usually appears shiny in color and give off strong fluorescence.
- Poudretteite: it was originally discovered in 196 in Canada by poudrette family. This rare and expensive gem can fetch up its value up to $ 3000 per carat. This rare gem is naturally pink in color and among the Semi-precious gemstones.
So, these were some of the most expensive gemstone that we have mentioned above.
You may find lots of Gemstones wholesalers in India, but Gopika Exports is the best gemstone wholesaler.