171 reads

9 year old chokes to death as her shawl gets stuck in the grinding machine

In a tragic incident, a 9-year-old girl died after her shawl got stuck in a flour grinding machine, suffocating her to death. The incident occurred yesterday Feb. 5 in a remote village under Salumber Tehsil.

The victim Indira Meena was staying with her grandparents at Village Bedawal. Yesterday she went to a nearby flour mill to get the flour grinded. While the grinding process was on, the curious little girl leaned onto the machine to have a better look and suddenly her shawl got caught in the belt of a huge grinder.

The woman operating the grinding machine immediately informed the relatives of the girl. They rushed her to the nearest health center but she died as her neck was choked by the shawl, as per police.

The body was shifted to MB Hospital’s mortuary. Few people of the community refused to claim the body unless death compensation was granted to the family of the deceased, informed by Abhay Singh Bhati, C.I Salumber police station.

But later the issue was settled and the relatives took the body home.

1 year ago

Tagged Under


Man dies on Road create havoc...

1 week ago

922 reads

Leave a Comment