Rajasthan Vidhyapeeth University has opened admissions for B.Voc courses on Friday under Hospitality and Catering Management. In association with IL and FS (Infrastructure Leasing and Financial Services) Skill Development Corporation and Skill Ink, students will now be able to study and earn simultaneously.
For this new course, Institute of Skill Centre has been established in Pratap Nagar Campus of Vidhyapeeth University. For practical training, hotel lab with all ultramodern facilities and a workshop lab for catering and engineering have also been put into shape. It would be a three year course in which students will be able to earn in their 17 month training program. After completing B.Voc course, students will have more opportunities for employment.
VC Prof.SS Sarangdevot said that B.Voc is a dual-certification course. The industry simulated workshops of international level will provide mechanical as well as electrical training in the same course. During this period, students will have an opportunity to earn upto 40,000 rupees. B.Voc students will be given certificates from Skills Development and Entrepreneurship Ministry and Tourism and Hospitality Sector Skill. The certificates will be in 4-7 National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) level. NSQF level 7 recognition is equivalent to Degree in any Skill Area.
Registrar Prof.Mukta Sharma said that scholarships will be given to economically weak talented students. Vishbhushan of Skill Ink said that Institute on Roll Placement will also provide assistance to the students.
Highlights of B.Voc degree courses
- Voc degree programmes are offered in over 200 colleges across the country.
- This is a 3 year degree course after Higher Secondary or Intermediate/P.U College with multiple entry and exit points.
- Students completing the first year get a Diploma certificate, after second year they get the Advanced Diploma certificate and after completion of three years, the B.Voc. Degree is awarded.
- The course curriculum has 40% general education (theory) and 60% vocational training (practical) components.
- These programs follow semester system and offer credits after completion of the course.
- The students who have enrolled in B.Voc courses appreciate the practical focus and are confident that their chances of getting a suitable job are higher than other graduates.
- These courses are expected to comply with NSQF and are financially aided by the UGC (University Grant Commission).
Source : patria.com and nationalskillsnetwork.in
Image : alberts.ac.in and rayatbahra.com