Due to short circuit in AC a car was in flames inTidi area. Passengers are safe as they got out of car much in time.
Thursday night a car on Udaipur-Ahmedabad route went up in flames because of short circuit in AC. This is the third incident of car going up in flames in the last three months. While going towards Ahmedabad from Udaipur, Shiva(27) s/o Krishnapal Singh from Govindpura( Ghaziabad), Sanket(27) s/o Nirdesh and Jitendra Singh(34) s/o Gyan Singh of Aligarh smelt something burning. The smell was coming from the car’s AC. The three of them got down to check this. The moment they were all out of the car, their car went up in flames. Tidi police were informed through passers-by. By the time fire brigade reached the spot, the car was completely burnt. The reason suspected is short circuit in the AC which will be clear only after investigation.
Car owner Shiva said that he belongs to Ghaziabad but now lives in Ahmedabad. His parents are still in Ghaziabad and he was on his return to Ahmedabad after paying a visit to parents. Just a day before departing to Ahmedabad, he had the AC repaired as there was some problem with it. While on the way to Ahmedabead, he spotted smoke coming from the AC vent. All the three passengers got down from the car and before they could open the bonnet, the level of smoke increased and the car went up in flames in no time.
It was a matter of chance that all the three people got down from the car else the situation could have been disastrous. In the last three months, this is the third incident when a car caught fire in Udaipur due to short circuit. The very recent one was that of a woman getting charred to death because of car-fire.
Source : bhaskarnews