With too many school-bus accidents happening throughout the country, a new CBSE circular has been passed for the safety of children using school buses. All information regarding CCTV camera and details of driver have to be provided by the authorities.
A female attendant has also been made compulsory for the school buses. As per these court orders, almost 800 schools have started making arrangements for the same. Principal William of St.Mary’s school informed that buses are in constant operation since examinations are going on these days. He also said that CBSE regulations will be followed once the vacations start.
As per court orders:
- GPS system to be installed to identify location of the buses(will be preinstalled in new buses by the manufacturer)
- The outer body of the bus to have mobile/phone numbers of the driver and the owner
- Emergency exit has been made compulsory
- Windows to have grill and mesh-wire for the safety of much smaller children
- CCTV cameras for keeping a watch-eye
- Alarms to be fitted in the buses so that children can contact the female attendant in case of need
- Speed limit of the bus to be fixed at 40km/hour
- 2 fire extinguisher units to be installed
- Fire-proof seats also made compulsory