Most of the internet users know about BSNL’s online services and the official site: http://bsnl.co.in . But, very few are aware of BSNL Rajasthan’s Online Portal which offers latest news and many other services.
http://rajasthan.bsnl.co.in is the official portal of Rajasthan Telecom Circle, designed in a very untidy and unprofessional manner; it has a lot to offer to its users.
Latest News sections comes up with information about latest offers on recharge vouchers, STVs, discounts, new services and telecom related news. Mobile internet users can configure their cell phones using MMS and GPRS settings section. Also, landline/prepaid and postpaid mobile users can view/pay their outstanding bills via Online Billing Enquiry.
Forget the old, bulky telephone directory with tiny fonts arranged in an alphabetical order. Its 21st century and is the age of internet. Now, you have the entire directory of Rajasthan available at a click. Online Telephone Directory is very useful as you can search the entire Rajasthan Telecom Directory with a few clicks. Also, if you know a landline number you can search for the details of the owner. STD and ISD code search options are also very helpful.
The portal also has a list of Toll Free numbers which could prove useful in various situations. Forget about going to BSNL Office / Shoppe just for getting a form to avail services like broadband or a new telephone connection for your business/home/relatives. All kind of forms are available for download on the portal.
If you are a Broadband user, you can get information about securing your internet connection, configuring wi-fi modem, checking download speed, tariffs etc. And for those tech savvy guys and girls who love using Linux instead of Microsoft Windows, there is a Broadband Dialer available for download. So, now you can enjoy broadband on Linux Platform as well.
I have told you that you can view/pay your outstanding phone bills online but, how? Here it is, follow the steps below:
How To Register Your Phone For Online Billing Enquiry?
To enroll your phone for online billing enquiry you need to create a new account on BSNL portal.
- Click on the “View Landline Bill” link. You will be taken to a new site which is the official BSNL Portal. [http://portal.bsnl.in]
- Click on “New User Sign Up”.
- Fill in the required details. You can also receive Bill Details via SMS. Keep username and password secure with you.
- After you are done with filling up the form and confirming your mail id. Click on the “Landline Bill” or any other relevant bill link.
- Next, Click on “Landline bill payments”. It’s the first link which appears on the page.
- You will be asked to sign in. Enter your username and password to log in to your account.
- Now click on “Enroll Phone Accounts” as you are using it for the first time.
- Select “Rajasthan” Circle and click “Add”.
- Now select UPR-Udaipur in SSA section.
- Enter your phone number and unique ID which is printed on your bill as “Consumer No.” like RJPUR followed by a numeric value.
- Click Submit and you are done. You have successfully added your phone to your account.
How To View Outstanding Bill ?
- Login to your account on http://portal.bsnl.in with your username and password.
- Click “Click for individual landline bill payments”.
- Click “View/Pay outstanding bills”.
- Select “Rajasthan” circle.
- Click on “View Full Bill” to view the Bill. You need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to view pdf format.
Although there is a feature for Online Bill Payment but I have never tried that. If any of you have used it earlier or are going to give it a try now then, please let me know about your experience and how it works.