A physically disabled couple were burnt to death on Friday night after an oil lamp spilled on them while they were asleep in their house situated at Pipli village, which comes under Parsad police station in Udaipur district.
According to the Station House Officer of Parsad police station Bharat Yogi, the victim Champa Lal Meena (30) and his wife Batki Devi (25) were physically disabled with one leg of Batki handicapped and her husband Champa Lal was having weak eye sight. Due to their disabilities they used to light a traditional lamp inside their room before going to sleep. On Friday night the lit lamp had accidentally fell down on them resulting in a massive fire in their house. This fire led to the death of the couple.
The incident came to light when the victim Champa Lal’s brother and villagers spotted huge flames coming out of his house. They rushed to the victims house for rescue but before they could control the fire the house got completely burnt and both victims were burnt alive.
“Bodies of the victims were shifted to mortuary of M.B hospital and were handed over to relatives on Saturday after conducting post-mortem”, Yogi added.