Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has issued new 50 rupee currency notes on Tuesday. These new notes bear signature of Governor Shaktikanta Das. However all notes issued in the past will continue to be legal tenders, as informed by RBI.
Download the UT Android App for more news and updates from Udaipur
The points to be noted about these new bills will be as follows:
- Dimension 66mm x 135mm.
- Colour fluorescent blue.
- A small design of numeral 50 is printed on both sides (front and back) of the currency note next to the water mark. The design can be seen as one against light.
- Denomination 50 on the front side is in Devnagari script with Mahatma Gandhi’s portrait.
- The security thread has inscriptions “Bharat” and RBI is mentioned on the note’s front side.
- Year of printing is on the back side.
- Ashoka Pillar emblem is on the front on right side.
- The logo of Swachch Bharat is also on the reverse of the note.
image source: rbi