Some time back, red, blue and multicoloured lights were removed from police vehicles. Now police vehicles will be able to proudly flaunt their lights.They are also required to paste stickers issued by Regional Transport Office (RTO) on their wind screens. ADG NRK Reddy (Police Administration and law & order) in his letters to all SPs and Commissioners has asked for a list of all police vehicles in the district. ADG Reddy clarified that Road Transportation and National Highway ministry of Indian Government has made an amendment in the Central motor vehicle rules and allowed police vehicles, which are used in emergencies and for maintaining law and order; to use red, blue, white and multicoloured lights.
RTO will issue certain specific stickers which will be pasted on the wind screen of the aforesaid vehicles. Once these stickers are pasted, only then can the vehicles use the coloured lights. The list of four-wheelers as demanded by the ADG will be sent to RTO for further action.
List of vehicles which can use coloured lights :
- Vehicles used for police stations, traffic police, control room and which are used as means of conveyance for policemen on duty
- Patrol vehicles, flying squads and vehicles used for traffic police
- Highway Patrolling and Interceptor vehicles
- Vehicles of Police Commissioner, Deputy Commissioner and Additional Commissioner
- SP, DSP and ASP’s vehicles
- RAC battalion, MBC battalion, Hadi Rani battalion and ERT’s vehicles
- Vehicles used by police in emergency related to natural disaster