The death of Aamod Joshi, a 23 year old student of the PGDM program at Advent College, Badi, Udaipur, has sent shock waves across the institute and friends, family, and well-wishers in the city.
While talking on his mobile he ventured out into the balcony, outside which a high voltage wire was passing. Not seeing the wire, the boy touched the wire and was electrocuted. The shock resulted in his body crashing back into the balcony floor, where he got seriously injured on the head.
While unconscious and profusely bleeding, he was rushed to Lake City hospital, where in turn he was referred to GBH American Hospital. Aamod succumbed to his injuries and the electrocution yesterday evening soon after being admitted to the hospital.
The residents (friends) had warned Aamod that there was a high tension wire passing by outside the balcony and that he should be careful.
However, it was while talking on the phone, that Aamod accidently touched the wire and was electrocuted. This incident occurred at 7 in the evening
Aamod, s/o Nitin Kumar Joshi, resident of Ahmedabad was enrolled as a student under the PGDM program at one of the city’s premier institutions, Advent College. Yesterday evening, 2nd June, subsequent to the end of the day’s activity at the college, Amod was visiting his friend’s house at A-1, New Ahinsapuri, Fatehpura.
The Advent College has a practice of facilitating a bus service each Saturday evening, which takes hostel students to the city for sight-seeing and shopping. Aamod, who was part of this group, completed his chores and went with his friends at Advent College, who were staying in a house in New Ahinsapuri.
The body has been kept at the city’s mortuary after the Post Mortem and a case has been filed with the Ambamata Police Station. The cremation will take place at 3 pm today in the presence of Aamod’s parents and family members.
Information and news provided by Shabbir Hussain and Sohail Khan