In a freak incident, one man was killed as a radio in his dry-clean shop burst last night. The incident happened in Gariya Dewra, Chandpole last night at around 11:30pm.
The victim, Devilal (40) s/o Narayan was a car mechanic by profession. He used to stay above the dry-clean shop and his wife runs the dry-clean shop. Last night at around 11:30, when their TV stopped functioning, Devilal went down to the dry-clean shop to listen to radio. Moments after he left, there was a huge blast and his left hand and area above chest were blown away. There was flesh and blood all over the shop. Devilal passed away there itself.
Ghantaghar Police immediately rushed to the spot with CI Rajendra Jain. Devilal’s body parts were collected and have been kept at MB Hospital mortuary.
Devilal’s wife Manju said that the incident happened shortly after he went down. It is anticipated that the radio possibly burst due to short circuit as Devilal would have tried to plug it in. The radio was given to them about a year back by one customer. This customer gave a radio and four cloths to iron but never came back to take them.