What kind of rejoinder or response would you have right now? Maybe just a?? Or more than that.
Satchels of gold and diamonds estimated to be of around $22 billion were found in the Padmanabhaswamy temple in Trivandrum, Kerala.
It’s really a bolt from the blue for all the Indians or more appropriately for a country that ranks fifth most indebted country.
How the government of Kerala could hide such a treasure from the whole country? Is a question worth pondering upon.
According to the temple officials the treasures that were found were the sealed vaults of a 16th century old Hindu temple.
The treasure was owned by the then presiding Padmanabhaswamy. In 1750, Travancore Verma donated the kingdom’s wealth to the deity. The royals never touched the asset as they pledged not to take even a penny from the lord’s wealth. And today after centuries the search began after a lawyer moved to SC to order a government takeover of the temple as it lacked security.
Lots of questions are rolling our minds now as to what is our government going to do with this wealth.
Will it be utilized for the betterment of our country’s people or our corrupt politicians are going to gulp down all the money, as ever, they had been doing?
Will every common man be benefited with this? Or the temple officials would never allow this money to be kept in public.
Many a questions and for their answers we are left with nothing but just speculations…May be none of these questions may be answered by our government, because there are many such questions which have not been answered by the people enjoying there at the centre.
To cite a recent example of the centre’s deafness towards such issues is the Lokpal Bill, which couldn’t find its success, for reasons we all are well aware with..
An idea about what this sum of money could do, can be had by the underlying facts…
In India, this amount could meet
- The centre‘s education budget for two-and-a-half years.
- It is more than what the govt hopes to collect as service tax (Rs 82,000 crore).
- The treasure can help meet the govt interest liability for over four months and seven month’s defence spending.
- It is more than the budget of three states- Delhi (Rs 27, 000cr),Uttarakhand (Rs 7,800cr) and Jharkhand (Rs 33,000cr).
- The amount is equal to BP’s investment plans of $20billion in India, including acquisition of stake in reliance industries.
- It is almost equals Wipro’s market capitalization of Rs 1.04 lakh crore.
And lots more….
And guess what?? The last vault is still to be opened and who knows this vault could make us even more amazed!!!!
Anyways this big bucks whether comes out or not ,but still there will not be any kind of change to the common man’s life, the only thing we can have is hours of dreams which may just remain as a dream.