Udaipur city celebrated the discharge of IG Dinesh MN from Soharabuddin encounter case. Mumbai court acquitted Dinesh MN on Monday.
Police force and a number of other organisations celebrated IG Dinesh MN’s discharge by distributing sweets and bursting crackers. Dinesh MN was SP in 2004 when Soharabuddin was encountered. Dinesh MN said that he has received a lot of love and support from the city. He said that he will continue serving in the same way forever. His work tactics will not change. He added that he will always lead when it comes to putting an end to crime.
Public still remembers his tenure as SP Udaipur during 2004-2007. Dinesh MN had a very important role in keeping police away from the influence of politics. Controlling gang-wars and riots, he was an icon of fear among the criminals. The effect was so high that criminals did not make an attempt to come of jail on bail. Many criminals had even left the district; such was the terror of Dinesh MN on criminals. He was the “Singham” of Udaipur. His working tactics were much appreciated by all.
Various organisations celebrated the discharge of Dinesh MN. Bursting fire crackers on the roads and distributing sweets, the city celebrated this ‘victory’ of IG Dinesh MN. Bajrang Sena Mewar burst crackers on Surajpole and offered sweets to all. Even police officers were present on this occasion. Vishva Hindu Parishad celebrated at Subhash Choraha on Mallah Talai. Some student leaders also joined in the celebrations.
Achievements of Dinesh MN
- Stopped political influence on police department which created a special image among citizens.
- Allowed policemen to work independently while abiding by law. His image remained untarnished.
- Supported every policeman who took action against criminals.
- Once a high profile person slapped a policeman. That man was compelled to apologise.
- During his term in Udaipur, gang-wars were on the rise. Dinesh MN put an end to those gang-wars.
Source : bhaskarnews