Most of us are morphed into preset zombies during work for the bulk of the week, which undoubtedly takes a toll on us and leaves us physically and mentally trite. However, in the midst of this, it is vital to keep one’s sanity which is only viable through a “nonsensical dose” of lunacy.
1. Whistle loudly and experiment with diverse sounds for at least 2 minutes.
2. Laugh or at least smile without any reason anywhere. [ If you are alone in a public place and don’t want others to think you’re a nut : just pretend you’re on the phone and LOL]
3. Make faces at kids passing by or simply flex your facial muscles in the mirror.
4. Eat ice-cream and lots of it. Experiment with whacky flavors and jumble cocktails or fizzy drinks for the added punch!
5. Have a dhamakedaar water- fight with your friends or family.
6. Run as fast as you can – even if it is to the kitchen or bathroom.
7. Listen to weird foreign songs that you don’t understand and croon them crassly with your friends.
8. Pour tea in the saucer and swig loudly in the middle of a gathering or alone if you really want to. [ it’s more fun doing it in front of someone]
9. Make prank calls [considerably to people you know], pretending to take weird surveys or as a municipality worker condemning excess water usage, etc. [Guaranteed you will be in splits of laughter hearing the other party’s reactions]!
10. Go for long drives with friends and signal out to everyone on the way or pretend to have a gun and shoot fellow passengers.
11. If you’re not sporty enough for the above, your sole remedy to recharge is a bitter double espresso shot! SORRY!
All the above tricks are tried and tested and assure100% contentment.
Author: Nazneen Saifuddin
Nazneen Saifuddin is an architect by profession and a cynical critic cum visual designer by interest, but an avid conversationalist foremost. She believes “Life is too short and hence have time to do a billion things only in a million days…!”