The untiring efforts of the special task force deployed by the Udaipur Police has effected results after a 3 member gang was arrested and booked under various bag snatching incidents and other criminal activities in the city.
The special task force, deployed on the initiative of the SP Udaipur, consisted of AdSP Sudhir Joshi, DySP Dayanand Saran and C.I Bhopalpura Gyanendra Singh. The continuous efforts bore fruit yesterday, the culprits were arrested by the Bhopalpura Police. This initiative by the SP was taken after the regular incidents of bag snatching being reported in the city.
Mahendra Singh Solanki, 22, resident of Kalka Mata road , Payda Ganesh Nagar; Ishwar Singh, 26, resident of New RTO Office, Sukher and Himanshu alias Ashish Chuahan, 35, resident of Vranda Van Vihar were booked under charges of bag snatching.
During further interrogation the three arrested thieves revealed the following incidents that they were involved in:
1. Opposite Collector’s Office on 7th August 2013, where they snatched a mobile phone, voter’s id card and a bag containing Rs. 5000 from a couple
2. Near GBH American Hospital, on 28th July 2013, where they snatched a bag containing Rs. 5000 and 2 mobile phones from two girls riding a Scooty
3. In Madhuban on 4th July 2013 where the snatched a bag containing Rs. 4000 from a lady
4. At Batheda House on 10th August 2013 where they snatched a bag containing Cash, a mobile and a Gold chain from a woman named Suman Garg.
5. At Hiran Magri on 8th July 2013 where they snatched a bag from a lady.
Apart from the above, the trio confessed to 18 other such crimes including the incident at Dhan Mandi and near the Bohra Masjid.
More over this trio has accepted committing various instances of bag snatching at Gujarat too. The police is looking carefully and deliberately into the matter, as per the S.P.
The crooks also disclosed that they used to deposit the Gold Ornaments with Muthoot Finance against Cash.