The search for the perfect saree is never-ending. Once you have monochrome linen in the closet, you find your eyes set on a Kanjivaram. Be it time-honoured silk or routine cotton, each saree has a special place in your heart. And if it isn’t for the proverbial ‘I don’t have anything to wear,’ the quest that started with digging into the treasure trove of your grandmother, is still on.
If you are always sin the pursuit of looking for a gorgeous, awe-inspiring six-yarder, here are a few brands that can satiate the saree connoisseur in you. Maybe for a short while, but worth a dekko!
- Bharatsthali: Sarees went through a tremendous transformation recently. Almost everything has been done to a saree. Some phenomenal.Some not so good. If you too believe that the charm of a sareeis all about draping and not toggling, this exclusive sareestore is worth checking out. This ethically driven brand brings handloom sarees and fabrics at your fingertips. Sourced directly from the weavers, the sarees at Bharatsthali are unique buys and available at reasonable prices. Since it is summer and a pair of denim is so cumbersome to wear throughout the day, it is all the more important that you go and have a look at this collection! You can find the Bharatstali Saree reviews before placing order with them.
- Ritu Kumar: The linen saree and south cotton collection will definitely ease your seasonal dressing dilemma without letting you sideline your style. The rich and classy shades of Kanjivarams will bring delight to the seasoned shoppers looking for some cherished ethnic finds.
- Mirraw: Mirraw is an emerging fashion store that brings you handloom sarees with different embroidery patterns such as brocade, aari, mirror, booti and kaantha. With a vivid collection of bandhani, Bhagalpuri, Mysore silk. Paithani and Manipuri silk sarees to boast of, this fashion store is all set to transform six-yarders into an everyday affair and not just a festive exclusive.
- Suta: Suta (the apt portmanteau of the founders’ names) celebrates artists and their craft. The store takes pride in pushing the saree as the ‘non-judgemental’ attire for women of today. Basically a design house, the store brings you saree that has a little bit of contemporary and spontaneity of today’s women. Suta has collaborated with weavers from all over India to bring you six-yarders that are easy-going and refreshing!
- Satya Paul: From contemporary cotton dresses to salwar suits, Satya Paul brings key summer trends at your fingertips! The collection is so breezy and refreshing that you would feel a perpetual cool taking over you!
- Chidiya: Chidiya captures the free spirit of women. Bringing handcrafted clothing for women, the store is all about bohemian spirit and the nonchalance of summer!
7. Limeroad: This online fashion store has some beautiful ethnic finds up its sleeves. If you are looking for sarees with a contemporary touch, this name should pop on your radar. Along with sarees, you can also find an eclectic range of accessories to go with and complete your ethnic capsule wardrobe. Listed by various top saree brands list in India. The company had an association with the Madhya Pradesh government to promote handicraft products of the state but you would have to dig deeper a bit into the selection to find ‘only handloom’ sarees. The unique thing about the website is that you can create a fashion scrapbook for yourself to assess how you would look in a particular outfit when put together.