Government order says that activities that result in spread of the COVID infection have been restricted. However, marriages are permitted, Kirana stores, milk parlours, ration shops and mandi's that were earlier classified as super spreaders are now being allowed to open in the name of essential services.
Rajasthan goes into a 15 day Public Discipline Fortnight | A new name for partial lockdown
A couple of hours after the Chief Minister announced that there will be no lockdown in Rajasthan and that the COVID situation will be monitored, a late night order has declared the next 15 days as Jan Anushaasan Pakhwada (Public Discipline Fortnight).
All commercial establishments, markets and businesses including educational institutions will remain closed till 3 May 2021. To ensure ease of public services and essentials, the Rajasthan government has announced that the lockdown will not be applied on some services and essentials.
The government has also announced that activities that are leading to the spread of the COVID-19 infection will remain closed… but marriages will be permitted.
The following services, establishments will be exempted from the lockdown:
- State government offices: District administration, Home Department, Police, Jail services, Home Guard, Control Room, War Room, Public Safety, Fire Services, Emergency Services, Public transport, Disaster Management Services, Nagar Nigam, UIT, Electricity department, Water department, Telephone department, etc.
- Movement of passengers travelling by bus, train, metro, airport on the production of the travel documents.
- 72hr RTPCR necessary for those entering the state.
- Movement of people needing to visit hospital.
- Private laboratories, clinics, hospitals – doctors, nurses, paramedical staff.
- Kirana shops, mandi, fruit and vegetables shops, dairy and milk parlors will be permitted to open till 5pm.
- Fruit and vegetable thelas, auto rickshaws, cycle rickshaws, etc. will be allowed to ply till 7pm.
- Goods and transport vehicles will be allowed to ply.
- Vehicle repair shops and eateries on highways will be allowed to operate.
- All Ration Shops will be open without any day-offs.
- Pre-registered vaccine candidates over 45 years of age will be allowed to go for vaccination.
- Newspaper vendors will be allowed to operate between 4am till 8am.
- Electronic, Print media personnel will be allowed to move around with ID cards.
- Marriage and Funeral services will be permitted as per COVID protocol announced earlier.
- Candidates appearing for offline examinations
- Pharmaceutical, Medicine and Health equipment centers to remain open.
- Telecommunication, Internet, Post Services, Courier services, Cable services, IT services to operate as usual.
- Banking and Insurance.
- E-Commerce companies and services.
- Processed food, restaurants, sweet shops will be allowed to do home delivery till 8pm.
- Petrol pumps to remain open till 8pm.
- Cold storage and warehousing services.
All industrial and manufacturing units will be operational, so that migration of workers is mitigated. ICards will have to be issued by the units for their workers so that they can commute unhindered. Further, the manufacturing units will need to provide the details of the official signatory to the District Collectors office.