When Love Turns into an Ugly Killer
Before committing suicide, a teenage boy killed his girl friend; a female student was beheaded in front of her classmates by a man who was disappointed by a rejection from the girl, mutilated bodies of lovers found near railway track.
Before committing suicide, a teenage boy killed his girl friend; a female student was beheaded in front of her classmates by a man who was disappointed by a rejection from the girl, mutilated bodies of lovers found near railway track. These are some very common news we come across every day.
Tamil Nadu ranks 2nd and looks up to West Bengal at the top of the love-led suicides chart. The bureau records say that on an average, India sees 10 suicides born out of love affairs, and most of the victims fall in the age bracket of 15 to 29
When it comes to these suicide cases the most influencing factors are social backwardness, financial security, psychological problems, or religious thoughts.
The growing number of suicide and murder cases due to failure in love affairs has turned on the attention of every community. Lots of debates over this topic evoked, the most worrisome is why and what make these lovers kill themselves or turns into killers of their own partners?
A “cuddly chemical” in research study.
Apart from all above mentioned factors which hamper a lover’s ideologies, a research says that science also has a reason behind suicide. There is a hormone named oxytocin in body which releases that cuddly feeling, but it can also release negative sentiments like jealousy & few antisocial behaviours. It can be called the cuddly chemical, which leads to negative behaviour of the person if he/she is denied of love or feels betrayed in love.
Social and Economic barriers for soul mates
1. Economical gaps & social standards
2. Culture beliefs
3. Rating the value of a person on the basis of their hereditary job, in short – castesim
4. Inter caste and inter religious marriages are prohibited in our culture.
Modernization and over-exposure
India is an ancient country, parda, gunghat, burkha and khaap still rules the major part of its society. On the other side and at the same time west inspired Bollywood, mass industrialization and new media sources brought a new cultural diversification in India. Both ancient and western acted opposite to each other which created dangerous fusion which highly affected the young Indian mass.
What Happens When Love Fail?
Suicide is an unconditional act of a person under depression. A person tends to suicide when he feels that there is no other way left in his/her life and undergoes in various traumas & stigmas. There is some basic behaviour of people who land up in losing their love is: anger, distress, ridicule, anxiety, fear, sadness etc.
How you can help a person in trauma after failed love relationship?
1. Try to divert person’s mind to any of his passion or hobby, or get him to place close to nature to make his mind peaceful.
2. Family member should be encouraged to see timely help and support person in such situations.
3. It’s a responsibility of the parents to have a check on the behaviour of their child and if they find any slight change in their behaviour they should have a personal talk with them.
4. Establishing close relation with a person by caring, listening, respecting feelings and understanding emotions. This will give a secure feeling to the person.
5. Trying to minimize conflict at home by creating a stress free atmosphere.
6. Continue observing the reaction and behaviour of the person enacting (fast) even at the slightest suspicion or the doubt.
7. The misconceptions, culture, beliefs and myths about love failure suicide should be explained in the masses.
Love failure which turns into suicides has become a global issue. It has disastrous impact on human society. There is a need of a change, change of acceptance and thoughts. Society is made to protect humanity not to kill.
To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on GoogleNews | WhatsApp | Telegram | Signal