Central Board of Secondary Education recently released the application forms for NEET 2018. Candidates/ aspirants soon bombarded CBSE with messages and queries related to the examination and its application process.
Along with the application form, an information bulletin consisting of various changes in the eligibility criteria, medium of exam and scope for NEET 2018. These changes are known to be very different than the ones laid out by the conducting bodies for AIIMS MBBS 2018 or JIPMER 2018. The examination has been the center of controversy due to these reasons and has left masses confused.
In order to cater to the students and make it easier for them to understand, queries have been summarised in the form of questions and answers, in the article below.
- I am unable to pay my fee for the application form through net banking. What should I do?
Answer: If you are unable to successfully pay the fee for your application form using net banking, you can make the payment using other modes of transaction. The other modes available for payment of fee are Credit Card, Debit Card, and e-wallets.
However, make sure that this is done within the due period only. Any payment made post the due date will not be accepted. Failing to make the payment for the application fee within the specified time period, will lead to cancellation of your candidature.
- What happens if I make a double payment of the fee due to technical issues?
Answer: If you pay any amount more than the specified fee due to some or the other issue, fee will not be updated. The excess amount will be refunded to you within 7 working days. This can change as per the policies of your bank. The amount will be refunded to the same bank account from which the payment was made. In case you have used e-wallets to make the payment, the non-updated fee will be returned to your payment gateway within 7 business days.
- I did not get a confirmation page after I submitted the fee from my end. What could be the reason for this and what is the solution?
Answer: The confirmation page will be generated after successful payment of the fee. In case the NIC portal does not receive your application fee, confirmation page will not be generated. In case there is a delay in updating the fee from your payment gateway on the portal of NIC, wait for a maximum of 24 hours for it to get updated.
Keep checking the page and take a print out of the confirmation page as soon as it is available. In case you do not get the confirmation page even after 24 hours, please make the payment once again. Once that is done successfully, take a print out of the confirmation page. Any excess fee will be refunded to your bank account or e-wallet.
- Why does my session keep expiring while filling out the NEET Application Form? I could not submit the application form because of this reason. Will my application form remain incomplete?
Answer: The NEET Application Form has a limit of 30 minutes for submission so if you do not submit the application within this duration, your session will expire and the form remains unfilled. To prevent this from happening, you can fill the form in parts.
You can submit one part of the application once you finish it and save the application as a draft for working on it later. This way, you can complete the application form within the specified time. You should also keep the required information and documents handy to finish the process quicker.
- What proof will I get after successful payment of the fee to CBSE for the examination?
Answer: After successful payment of your fee, a confirmation page will be generated. This will act as your proof of fee payment. In the lower section of the confirmation page, you will find the details of the transaction, including the transaction id, fee detail and the payment gateway confirmation of the transaction made. There will be no separate receipt provided to you apart from the page. Take a print of this page as a confirmation of your fee payment.
- After I submitted NEET Application Form, I did not get any page for the payment of the fee. How can I reach Step 3 if I want to make the payment?
Answer: Step 3 is the payment of the fee. If you do not get this page directly after the first two steps, submit your form and log in again. You can also make the payment later by logging in after entering your candidate ID and password generated by you.
- Since I have a single parent, only the name of my mother/father is mentioned on my Aadhar Card. Should I keep the field for Father’s/ Mother’s name as blank in the form?
Answer: Instead of leaving the fields for your Father’s or Mother’s name blank in the form, please write the name as “XXXX”. This will be considered as the name being blank on Aadhar Card.
- What should I do if I uploaded my photograph without writing the name and the date of taking the photograph below?
Answer: You cannot make any changes to the photograph after it has been uploaded. If the photograph does not have the name and the date of taking the photograph mentioned on it, CBSE can still accept it if they find it correct as per their verification.
- I made some mistakes in my application form and now it has been submitted. Can I make the correct changes to the form now?
Answer: You will get an opportunity to make corrections in your form from March 12 to March 16, 2018. Make sure that you make your corrections within this duration as you will not get another chance to make the changes after this date. No further requests will be entertained by CBSE regarding this.
Clear instructions are provided in the form and you should read them carefully so that you avoid making any mistakes. It is your responsibility to submit correct data on the NEET Application Form. If you fail to do so, your results will be prepared on the basis of the data submitted by you.
- I clicked the picture of my signature and photograph from my mobile but am unable to upload this on the form. What should I do?
Answer: The reason for you being unable to upload the photograph and signature could be due to wrong file format or if the file size is bigger than what is specified. To ensure that this does not happen, you should open the photographs in Photoshop and save them in jpg format. You can then upload these on the website.
- How can I submit the form if I am not a citizen of India, but a citizen of Nepal? I do not have any Aadhar Card number and I also do not have passport number.
Answer: If you are not a citizen of India and do not have an Aadhar or passport number, you can submit any Government Identity Proof issued by your country. This will be accepted on the application form.
- I am a student of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) / State Open School and have passed my class XIIth examination from there. Will my candidature still be accepted by CBSE even if I have been made ineligible for the examination?
Answer: CBSE is only responsible for conducting the examination and does not play any role in deciding the eligibility of the candidate. The criteria for eligibility of any candidate is specified by the Medical Council of India (MCI). This information is provided in the Information Bulletin.
If you have passed from private or open school, follow the instructions provided by the MCI for the same. CBSE will not respond to your queries on eligibility or acceptance of your candidature. What you can do from your end is to verify your eligibility.
You will be eligible if you have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biochemistry along with English (Core) for two years continuously. Along with that, you should have scored a minimum of 50% individually in these subjects as well as overall.
Now that all your queries have been resolved, fill out the application forms carefully and correctly. For more queries, candidates can visit the official website of the examination at cbseneet.nic.in.