This Children’s day Udaipur will witness the biggest Junior Chess Championship where more than 600 kids from 5 different categories will participate to create history at Forum Celebration Mall. The mall has been a constant promoter of Fitness & Skills and after the big success of Forum Purple Run, Celebration Mall brings you Chess Whiz 2018.“Moves of Magic” CHESS WIZ JUNIOR CHESS CHAMPIONSHIP 2018 is being organized by Forum Celebration Mall Association with Chess in Lakecity(affiliated with All Rajputana Chess Association and All India Chess Federation). The tournament will be held on 13-14 November 2018.
Chess in Lakecity is a group of Chess enthusiastic players from Udaipur. The group started with a vision to popularize Chess and coaches budding players. Chess is a game of imagination and strategy, one that provides rules, order and opportunities for intellectual growth. Chess teaches real life skills. For example, it teaches one to plan carefully in advance to visualize various situations before making a move, and the importance of patience. How many of us have acted without thinking and then wished we could take back our actions? Well, the game of Chess will quickly teach a child to analyse before acting.
It will be one of the Biggest Junior Chess Championship, which will see more than 600 students competing in 5 different categories:
- Group (A) Class LKG to HKG (Boys & Girls)
- Group (B) Class I to Class III (Boys & Girls)
- Group (C) Class IV to Class VI (Boys & Girls)
- Group (D) Class VII to Class IX (Boys & Girls)
- Group (E) Class X to Class XII (Boys & Girls)
The Competition is open to students of all schools. The Last Date for Registration is 10 November 2018. For Free Registration, you may contact either of the following:
- Vikas Sahu, FIDE Arbiter & National Instructor and Secretary, Chess in Lakecity (www.chessinlakecity.com) | +91 94130 45606
- Baskaran Adhiban, Chessman Chess Academy, Opp Celebratin Mall, Bhuwana, Udaipur | +91 94148 12453
- Chess in Lakecity, 19, Shabhavnath Marg, Lakhara Chowk, Udaipur | +91 94294 76158
- MDS Chess Club, MDS Sr. Sec. School, Hiran Magri, Sec 3, Udaipur | +91 70145 12245 | +91 85628 33261
- System of play: The tournament will be played under the FIDE laws of chess. Total 5/6/7 rounds shall be played. (According to Number of Participants in Group)
- Time Control: 25 minutes plus 15 second increment.
- Walk over time maximum 15 minute. In case the participating student does not reach in time.
- Players have to come in school uniform.
- All players must attend the opening ceremony and prize distribution function.
- Trophies to Top 3 positions in each Category and Group
- Participation Certificates to all the participant
- Gift Vouchers to Winners in each category