A cotton shop in Roop Nagar caught fire on Friday. Prima facie the fire was a result of short circuit.
There is a cotton shop in kachchi basti in Roop Nagar which falls under Sukher police station. The shop belongs to Pappu Mansoori. Pappu’s wife and children were at the shop when the fire started. When the family saw smoke coming out of the shop, they acted immediately and carried the gas cylinder out of the shop to avoid a big disaster. They even tried to douse the fire but the fire took a massive turn. Neighbours informed fire brigade immediately. Fire brigade reached on time and managed to control the fire. Half the cotton got completely burnt and the rest half got spoilt as it got entirely wet with water. The only relief was that fire was controlled in time else it would have caused a massive destruction in that area. It is being assumed that a short circuit resulted in fire and spread because the shop was full of cotton.