An incident of food poisoning occurred in the mess of Aravali Institute of Technical Studies. Affected students were rushed to various hospitals on early Monday morning.
As per students of Aravali Institute, many of them felt severe pain, nausea and upset stomach as early as 3:30 a.m. on Monday 9th April. By 5 a.m. 300 out of 400 students hailing from various states gathered in college campus. 105 students reportedly faced the symptoms mentioned above. 40 students were admitted to different hospitals, though college administration has mentioned the affected number as 25.
Students were rushed to Pacific Medical College and Hospital-Umarda, Geetanjali Medical College and Hospital, Hiranmagri Satellite Hospital and Kanak Hospital. Hiranmagri police has started investigations.
As per reports, students got extremely agitated over the issue of poor quality of food. To this, SI Yashwant Singh said that a student committee would be formed for the mess and food will be cooked as required by students. Food samples have been sent to the lab for investigation.
Students of Aravali Institute have accused the mess operators for cooking unhealthy food. They said that rice starch and wheat flour is added to thicken the gravy of daal. Fresh food is not provided; instead they are given leftover food. Students said that they pay a good amount of money for food but they are getting stale food. Even tea and breakfast is not of good quality. They even said that the matter has been reported to college administration a number of times but no action has been taken.
For the evening meal on Sunday between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m., students were given chapatis, daal and rice samples of which have been taken for investigation. Results of this investigation are likely to arrive in 15 days. Further action will be taken based on the reports of this investigation.media reports