The 33rd Maharana Mewar Award Ceremony organized by Maharana Mewar Charitable Foundation, Udaipur is going to organize on 22nd March 2015, 4 PM onward of which the list of honorary state level awardees has been declared.
The recipients of various awards will receive Rs. 25,001 cash, archway, certificate and a shawl from Arvind Singh Mewar, president and trustee of the foundation at the City Palace premise.
The organizer Dr. Mayank Gupta informed that the recipients of the most prestigious awards of Mewar are contributors to the society. The list of the awardees is as follows:
- Maharana Mewar Award: Internationally acclaimed Jodhpur’s Kriti Bharti has contribution to women empowerment, child welfare and social upliftment. Also, Rajsamand’s Shyam Sunder Paliwal will receive the award for his immense contribution in water conservation and plantation at international level.
- Maharshi Harit Rashi Award: Bhilwara’s Prof Om Prakash Upadhyay who is the Vice Chancellor of Guru Ravidas Ayurveda University, Hoshiyarpur (Haryana) will be awarded for his work in the field of astrology, Veda and rituals. Pt. Ganpati Lal Sharma of Sawaimadhopur will be honored for restoring the cultural heritage through astrology, rituals and social work in the respective field.
- Maharana Kumbha Award: Historian and Author Narayan Lal Sharma will receive the award with Litterateur Padma Shree Dr. Chandra Prakash Deval.
- Maharana Sajjan Singh Award: For putting Rajasthan on international level, craftsman and handicraft manufacturer, Jaipur’s Kamlesh Jangid will receive this award.
- Dagar Gharana Award: Young artists’ duo Amaan Ali Khan and Ayaan Ali Khan will receive the award.
- Rana Punja Award: Former Minister Chunni lal Garasiya will be honored with the award for his contribution in uplifting backward and tribal classes with their education, health and employment.
- Aravali Award: For bringing Kabaddi at International level, captain of men’s team Navneet Gautam and captain of women’s team Sumitra Sharma will be the proud recipients of the award.
Dr. Gupta further added that the foundation will give special honor to Pune’s Dr. Shailendra Mohan for his contribution in conserving endangered language Nihali. He will receive Rs. 11,001 cash, archway, shawl and certificate.