A 3-floored hospital in Jaipur caught fire due to short circuit on Sunday night. Fire started at 10 p.m.
Jaipur Hospital at Tonk Road in Jaipur caught fire around 10 p.m. on Sunday. The hospital is situated near the headquarters of Municipal Corporation. The 3-floored hospital had around 100 patients who were rescued in time by a quick rescue operation performed by Jyoti Nagar police, attendants of patients, fire brigade and hospital staff.
Everyone displayed quick action in assisting the patients to move to safer area. All attendants, staff, fire brigade and police displayed a perfect presence of mind and moved all patients outside the hospital within 10 minutes. They placed beds on the road and shifted the patients with a great speed. Later all patients were shifted to SMS Hospital and Durlabhji hospital.
Reportedly there was some inflammable product in the store room of the hospital due to which fire spread with immense speed following the short circuit. ICU and other wards on 2nd and 3rd floor were engulfed in smoke. Hospital staff along with attendants of patients rushed the patients out of the hospital by way of ramp. 10 Emergency vehicles also reached to shift the patients to other hospitals. It took almost an hour to control the fire.