Due to fire on University road, belongings worth 5 lakh rupees turned to ashes. On Monday night a short circuit resulted in fire in Kalka Mata colony on University road. The fire spread so quickly that belongings worth 5 lakh rupees turned to ashes in no time.
Vishal Singh s/o Devi Singh got married just 2 months back. All the expensive gift items were kept in store room on first floor of the house. The entire family was sound asleep on ground floor when they heard the sound of an explosion around 2 a.m. Residents of the colony saw flames coming out of the store room. Fire created a ruckus and people gathered outside Vishal’s house. People called for fire brigade.
Before fire brigade could reach, all the expensive belongings kept in the store room turned to ashes. Clothes, television, fridge, washing machine, bed, computer and furniture got burnt to ashes. Even the door of the store room got burnt. Short circuit is the reason behind this fire.