An automobile accessories showroom caught fire early morning on Friday. Dhanlaxmi Hero Motors in Shobhagpura suddenly caught fire at around 5 a.m. on Friday. The showroom has three floors and flames reached up to the third floor.
The fire was so massive that 14 fire brigade vehicles made more than 100 rounds and took control of the situation after 7 hours. Reportedly there has been a loss of almost 5 crore rupees due to the fire. There were some staff members sleeping in the basement of the building when they saw smoke coming out from the server room. They ran out immediately and considering it to be a minor incident, tired to douse the fire on their own. When the situation went out of control, owner of the showroom, fire brigade and police were called.
Before anyone could reach the spot, fire took a disastrous form. The showroom had accessories related to bikes which got completely burnt. Prima facie short circuit is the reason behind the fire. Investigations are on to find more details.
The shocking part as reported is that none of the fire fighters had proper protective costumes and they used helmets from the showroom as headgear. Even the water hose had too much of holes from where water was constantly oozing out which made it difficult to maintain correct water pressure. The owner suffered a loss of 5 crore rupees, only the things kept in the basement remained safe which were pulled out in time by the employees.