Short circuit caused fire in Devasthan office at Meera Girls College road on Wednesday. It was around 10:30 a.m. when a short circuit in the basement of Devasthan office resulted in fire. This created a lot of commotion.
2 fire brigade vehicles arrived but the issue was that fire coming out of the electric metre couldn’t be doused with water. To tackle the situation, the fire fighters pulled out the metre box to prevent electric current from spreading. It took 20 minutes for the fire brigade to take control of the situation. What was shocking was that there was no CO2 gas cylinder in the office to douse the fire in the electric metre although it is very important to have such fire extinguishing equipments. Devasthan Commissioner Upadhyaya said that they had a cylinder and tried to douse fire with it but when it turned out to be useless, they called fire brigade.