A cotton seed cake (kapasiya khal) factory situated at Ambamata Ghati near Titardi caught fire yesterday afternoon. Fire could not be controlled even after 15 hrs of effort by fire brigade team.
Spread over 8000 sq ft area, the godown caught fire yesterday afternoon around 3pm. Because it was closed from all sides, it became difficult to break in and control fire. As a result, the fire spread to all parts in the godown. A JCB machine was finally deployed to break the wall and gain access.
The fire was so intense that smoke could be seen from upto 2kms away. Panic broke out in the area and Hiran Magri Police and Fire brigade team were informed.
As per information, over half a dozen fire brigade tankers made over 125 rounds but the fire could still not be controlled. The godown is divided into 3 parts. Fire was controlled in 2 parts but the third one was still burning.
While the exact reason of fire is yet to be ascertained, it is suspected that the fire was probably a result of short circuit.