In an incident of fire near dental college in Umarda, wood and fodder kept in rooms got completely burnt up. A 14 acre of field near RR Dental College caught fire on Tuesday. There were 16 rooms built on this land which were full of wood and fodder.
The fire spread too quickly to the rooms in the field. Wood and fodder in these rooms gave a massive turn to fire as a result of which the stone slabs on the ceiling fell down. It was great relief that no one was living here, else it would have been devastating. Though it is sad that there were 2 kittens in one of the rooms who got completely charred.
3 fire brigade vehicles took 7 rounds but could manage to douse the fire only after 4 hours. Reasons of fire are not yet known. It is being said that smoke was seen coming from the bushes but it went ignored. Eventually it took a disastrous turn and the fire spread in the lone field in no time. Students from RR Dental College saw flames and rushed out of the college. College admin informed Umarda police station who called fire brigade.
It has been reported that the field belongs to 2 Menaria brothers. Earlier a dairy farm was operated on this land but later after the closure of farm, the families used to use this place for keeping wood and animal fodder.