IIM Udaipur, as part of its initiative to create projects around social development themes, is proposing to launch certain field, research, and training projects around the theme of “Girl Child Education”. The projects will involve designing and implementation of field based projects in partnership with NGOs, primarily in Rajasthan; conducting social science and management research around specific related themes; coordinating training programmes with different kind of participants, and liasoning with different kinds of institutions such as corporate business houses and government. The position is a based out of Udaipur, Rajasthan and involves some amount of field travel. It is a full time position with a contract period of 2 years, renewable on performance.
IIM Udaipur provides an excellent academic, free and flexible organization culture for pursuing interests of a diverse nature in a state of the art educational institutional setting.
The specific tasks to be executed by the selected person will include the following:
- Design of projects for both field implementation and research in the area of girl child education.
- Lead and coordinate different projects in partnership with different kinds of institutions.
- Prepare project proposals for resource mobilization from identified funding organizations.
- Identify and forge working partnerships with different field based NGOs for project development and execution.
- Coordinate and manage filed based projects, data based research projects around the above themes.
- Coordinate training programmes and organize Workshops and Seminars with diverse participants.
- Overtime lead a team within the institute to take up multiple projects around social themes.
Skill Set and Knowledge Requirements
The assignment will require the following skill set and knowledge base:
- In-depth knowledge of social development projects, particularly in the area of children’s education in rural areas.
- Social Science Research perspective, particularly in the areas of women’s studies, education, and rural development.
- Managerial ability to plan and execute diverse projects with different stakeholders.
- Coordination skills in planning and implementation of different types of projects.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and data management using different software applications.
- Coordination of programmes, workshops, seminars and training programmes.
- Ability to work independently and lead a team.
- Ability to identify and build collaborative inter institutional relationships with different kinds of organizations and professionals.
Education Qualifications and Work Experience
- Post Graduate diploma/degree in management or social sciences or development studies from a premier Indian or foreign university/institute.
- Good academic record at all levels.
- At least five to eight years experience in independently managing projects that involve a large number of participant from different organizations and backgrounds.
- Project management experience with large organizations from national and multinational organizations.
- Working knowledge of research methodologies, data management and statistical analysis.
- Basic people and team management skills.
- Empathy with the disadvantaged.
How to Apply
Submit your detailed curriculum vitae by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and mentioning subject ” Coordinator- Girl Child Education”. Interview date will be intimated through email to eligible candidates.
Last date to receive application: 31st August 2017