A very catchy title indeed…needed to draw your attention perhaps.
Law as a career is a fairly lesser known domain as compared to the generally followed vanilla careers, viz. Engineering and Medicine for the Science enthusiasts and Chartered Accountancy for those who dare to take up Commerce. Even for the Humanities stream, Law rarely comes up as an option when in school.
However, in the last decade or so, Law has caught up in terms of the number of quality institutes in the country as well as awareness of the this stream.
Talking of Law, springs up a generic image of a tight lipped indivudual dressed up in white and black. Standing with a folder hanging by the side in what looks like a courtroom. Or perhaps images of a judge sitting in a courtroom, taking in arguments being presented by advocates for both the plaintiff and the accused.
Number of law teaching institutions in India have witnessed a remarkable increase in the past decade. A national level survey puts this figure as 1500, with 900 private and semi-private and other institutions, 552 colleges, 23 National Law Universities and 19 University departments.
This has been a planned initiative by the government, looking at the scope of this domain and delivering quality trained professionals to cater to the growing need in the judicial, executive, legislative and of course, in the private corporate.
Over 3.5 lac students took admissions in these institutions in 2016-17 and a similar number is expected this year.
ProTalent offers comprehensive coaching programs for students who look at Law as a career after class XII and seek admissions into prestigious colleges and institutes across the country. The following is the list of examinations and premier institutes that a student needs to look at, when seeking admissions to prestigious Law schools after Class XII.
- CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) for entrance into 18 NLUs across India)
- IPU CET Law
- LSAT India
- MHCET Law
- Government Law College Mumbai
- Calcutta University Law Entrance Exam (CU BA LLB)
- VIT Law School Admission
- BHU Law Entrance
- Jamia Millia Islamia Law
- Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law (IIT Kharagpur) LLB
- KIIT University Law (BA LLB, BBA LLB, BSc LLB)
- NLSIU Bangalore
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
- GNLU Gandhinagar (Gujarat National Law University)
- NLU Jodhpur
- P LAWCET and PGLCET
- Symbiosis Law School Admission
- AILET (NLU Delhi)
- Lloyd Law College
- HP NLET for NLU Shimla
- Christ University Law Admission
- ULSAT (UPES Online Law Studies
ProTalent caters to students from all across South Rajasthan who are willing to take up the challenge of a promising career in Law. Offering coaching in law entrance in Udaipur, Chittor, Banswara, Dungarpur and other nearby towns, ProTalent has a comprehensive program drawn up to assist the students structure their preparation for the above Law entrance examinations.
The common admission procedure includes an entrance examination followed by a personal interview process in some institutes.
Entrance test for the institutes, colleges and universities as mentioned above, are usually conducted between April – May each year, i.e. subsequent to the Class XII board examinations.
Entrance examination consists of the following test areas:
- English Language (Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar)
- Data Interpretation
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematics (Upto Class X level)
- General Knowledge
- Legal Aptitude
Instructors at ProTalent provide comprehensive class room sessions, with experts in each test area. A qualified Law expert will take students through the cumbersome legal aptitude learning process.
Preparation for Law entrance should ideally start after Class X. It demands rigorous preparation for one to two years.
At ProTalent, we offer updated study material with continuous general knowledge feed and online All India Ranking mock tests.
Programs for Law entrance at ProTalent
- Law 2 year prep: Designed for Class XI students. 234 teaching hours, 20 mock tests, over 5000 practice questions and access to online portal.
- Law 1 year prep: Designed for Class XII students. 146 teaching hours, 20 mock tests, over 5000 practice questions and access to online portal.
- CLAT Express: designed for students who have already appeared for Law Entrance examination and are appearing for CLAT. This program is a crash course and is applicable for students looking at appearing for law entrance after completing the Class XII board examinations.
For more information:
Contact: 9462053396 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.orgAuthor: Vidhi Baya, BSc, MIB, LLB leads the Law Entrance preparation program at ProTalent Udaipur