11 Year Old Died Due to "Chroming" TikTok Trend

11 Year Old Died Due to "Chroming" TikTok Trend

Tragic Loss Sparks Alarm...

Chroming trend
UT WhatsApp Channel Join Now

In a devastating incident that highlights the dangers of social media challenges, an 11-year-old boy from the UK lost his life while attempting a fatal TikTok trend known as "chroming." Tommie-Lee, the young victim, suffered a cardiac arrest during the ill-fated challenge, leading to his untimely demise.

What is Chroming?

Chroming is a perilous activity wherein individuals inhale hazardous household items like nail polish remover, hairspray, and spray paint. Although this may induce a short-lived sense of happiness, the repercussions are severe. The inhalation of these chemicals can lead to dizziness, nausea, and, in extreme cases, damage to the heart and brain.

Immediate Health Risks

When these chemicals are inhaled, they enter the body through the lungs, posing threats to various organs. Aside from immediate physical effects, chroming can also impair thinking and memory, potentially resulting in serious mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.

Not a Novel Trend

While the tragic incident has brought chroming into the spotlight, it is not a new trend. A 2017 report titled 'Understanding Adolescent Inhalant Use' revealed that approximately 684,000 adolescents engaged in the toxic practice of huffing or sniffing chemicals. The resurgence of chroming on platforms like TikTok has raised concerns about the potential influence on impressionable young minds.

This heartbreaking event serves as a stark reminder of the need for awareness and vigilance regarding the online challenges that can have life-threatening consequences, particularly for vulnerable age groups. Parents and guardians are urged to monitor their children's online activities and educate them about the severe risks associated with such trends.


To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal