Private hospitals in Udaipur account for 71% hospitalisations and 95% deaths during third wave


Private hospitals in Udaipur account for 71% hospitalisations and 95% deaths during third wave

Positivity Rate declined from 12% to 5% over the last three days, which is an indication that we might have crossed the worst phase in the third wave.

 
COVID deaths in Udaipur Third wave
UT WhatsApp Channel Join Now

29% of the total COVID related hospitalisations have been done at the MB General Hospital in Udaipur, while the remaining 71% have been accounted for by Private hospitals of the district.  Accordingly, 95% of the total 20 deaths during the ongoing third wave of COVID have been accounted for by private hospitals, with just 1 from the 20 deaths taking place in MB General Hospital.

The first reported death due to Omicron in India was in Udaipur on 31 December 2021, which was that of a 73 year old patient admitted to MB General Hospital. This patient was vaccinated and did not have any travel history. After this from 14 January onwards, all deaths have taken place in private hospitals of the district.

11 patients of the 20 that succumbed to COVID facilitated co-morbidities were above 70 years of age, and males accounted for 60% of the total deaths in the third wave.

Going by the current statistics on positive and hospitalisation cases, Udaipur seemed to have crossed the zenith and the infection graph is showing a decreasing trend over the last five days. Hospitalisation cases have also reduced considerably and fortunately there has been no death in the last 3 days. The positivity rate has also dropped to 5% from 12% over the last two days.

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal