UIDAI has launched the new Order Aadhaar PVC Card Service w.e.f. from 25 September. The Aadhaar PVC card is a multi security Aadhar card with security features.
It consists of the card holders details, a digitally signed QR code and a hologram for authencity, micro text, ghost image, issue date and print date and Guilloche pattern. This card can be used as a ID Card.
Card holders can apply for the PVC Aadhaar Card from https://residentpvc.uidai.gov.in/order-pvcreprint, which is the official UIDAI web portal. The cost of the card is Rs 50, which is highly subsidized. Once ordered and paid for, the card will be delivered to the registered address at no additional cost, through Speed Post.
The following steps will guide you to get your new PVC Aadhaar card.
- Log on to the official website of UIDAI https://residentpvc.uidai.gov.in/order-pvcreprint
- Enter your Aadhaar number OR Virtual ID number OR 28 digit EID and enter the security code.
- If your mobile number is registered against your Aadhaar Card, simply click on “Send OTP”. You will get an OTP which will validate your Aadhaar and show you the Aadhaar preview. This contains your basic card information, which you can confirm.
- If your mobile number is not registered against your Aadhaar Card, then select the option
. You will need to enter the non-registered mobile number and click on “Enter TOTP”. In this case you will NOT BE ABLE to see the Aadhaar preview.
- Make the payment on the next page (payments can be made through Credit/Debit card; Net Banking or UPI). No additional charges on online payments.
- You will get a receipt and a reference number, which you can use to see the card delivery status.
- The card will be delivered to your registered address through Speed Post.