Udaipur resident accidently swallows toothbrush

Udaipur resident accidently swallows toothbrush

12 cm Toothbrush successfully removed during treatment

 
Toothbrush removed after treatment

In the early morning hours, an unfortunate incident occurred when an individual accidentally swallowed a toothbrush while brushing his teeth. This unexpected mishap led to a deterioration in their condition, causing concern among those around them. Realizing the seriousness of the situation, the person was swiftly taken to GBH American Hospital located in Udaipur city, where medical experts could provide immediate and specialized care.

According to the available information, Gopal Singh Rao, a 53-year-old resident of Chittorgarh, was performing his morning brushing ritual. While cleaning his throat and mouth, he experienced sudden nausea, causing the toothbrush to accidentally go down his throat and into his stomach before he could react. Concerned relatives promptly rushed him to GBH American Hospital, where a CT scan was performed. The scan revealed that the toothbrush was lodged in the upper part of his stomach.

During an endoscopic procedure, Dr. Shashank J. Trivedi, a Bariatric and Laparoscopic surgeon, successfully removed a 12 cm toothbrush through the patient's mouth. Dr. Trivedi mentioned that globally, only 50 cases of toothbrush swallowing have been reported thus far.

Before this incident, there was a report in 2019 at AIIMS Delhi regarding a similar case of toothbrush swallowing. However, this recent incident in Rajasthan marks the first such case in the region. Remarkably, the toothbrush was successfully removed without the need for any incisions, thanks to the expertise of Dr. Shashank J. Trivedi, a skilled bariatric and laparoscopic surgeon.

Source: Click Here

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal