Oman has relaxed its visa rules to attract more tourists by granting visa on arrival (unsponsored tourist visa) for the citizens of India who reside in or who hold an entry visa to one of these countries – United States of America, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, Japan and Schengen States to enter the Sultanate of Oman.
Oman visa on arrival can also be availed by the spouse (husband/wife) and children of the visa holder of any of these 6 mentioned countries as long as they are accompanying him/her, even if they do not hold a visa from these countries.
Terms and conditions to apply for Visa on Arrival in Oman
- a) The applicant shall hold a passport valid for not less than six months from the date of expiry
- b) The applicant shall have a return ticket and a confirmed hotel reservation in order to be granted the visa
- c) The applicant for the Omani Tourist visa shall be a resident in or holding an entry visa to one of the following countries (Unites States of America, Canada, Australia, Japan, United Kingdom and Schengen States) provided that his/her residence or visa in these countries is valid upon filling the visa document
- d) The visa shall be granted for a period of one month against a fee amounting to OMR 20
- e) The competent authority may prohibit the citizens of these countries who meet the terms and conditions for obtaining a visa from entering the Sultanate if the public interest so requires
- f) Any person who avails of such a visa facilitation and breached the regulations will be blacklisted and prohibited from entering the Sultanate of Oman and will be compelled to pay fines in accordance with the terms and provisions for the Foreigner’s Residence Law and the Executive Regulations thereof
Travellers must log on to the website and pre apply for the e- visa on https://evisa.rop.gov.om/en/visa-eligibility