“Greater love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13-15
Thus speaks The Bible about the warmest of all bonds—friendship. The Bible, the most primary text of the western civilization, reflects upon friendship as the bond that forms the foundation to human faith, trust and companionship. There are innumerable tales from the Old Testament as well as the New Testament about the value of friendship and how true friendship is a treasure to unearth. Both the versions make a difference between the two broad meanings of friendship—one is a mere acquaintance, the other is a more affectionate relation. These stories and examples have passed into western literary and cultural realms. In the Old Testament Abraham is called the “friend of God” because of the intimacy of his relations. God speaks to Moses face to face “as a man…unto his friend”. The romantic friendship of Ruth and Naomi, the devotion of the subordinate Hushai for David, or the mutual relation between David and Jonathan—the Old Testament is replete with these interesting tales of friendship. In the New Testament, the relationship between Jesus and his disciples is the most primal example of how human friendship can constantly grow. From being teacher and disciple to lord and servant their relationship finally grew to an unparalleled friendship. For us Indians, we value our friends whom we trust and who trust us in so many different ways. Friendship day for us is something we look forward too, it is also something so dear and special for each and every one of us. In Udaipur, this friendship day is therefore truly meaningful. Friendship Day Celebration in Udaipur
Udaipur people value most this once in a year occasion of Friendship Day. If celebration was a way of life then Friendship Day celebration would be its most myriad expression. Trust, support, loyalty, understanding, empathy, intimacy, conflict, anger—there are more emotions to this bond than words would allow. Each moment spent with a friend is a moment added to time—moments that give us in turn an understanding of who we are, why we exist, what our purpose is in living. The insight is an enriching experience of recognizing how friendship can be the means and ends to our lives. Friendship Day celebrates this outstanding bond of human kind. Celebration of friendship is knowing this marvel that we call by so many names—chums, pals, buddies, mates ! They come in many sizes, shapes and guises. From school pals to work colleagues, from siblings to partners, parents to pets to neighbors to internet friends—let the feeling grow manifolds to the appreciation of this alliance. Friendship Day is the perfect chance to let your friends know how much they are needed and prized. Of course the best way to go about it is to be a fantastic favorable friend yourself. So let your emotions loose ! Write a poem, send a card, shower them with flowers, load them with gifts or simply set up a Friendship Day party—there can be as many ways to celebrate Friendship Day as you can imagine. There can be ideas galore for your Friendship Day celebration. So go ahead. Feel happily lost in this warm surge. Friendship Day Party Ideas
When friends are around and you’re all perked up to celebrate Friendship Day at full tilt, what’s a better way to do it other than throw a Friendship Day party? So decide where to party, how to party, what to include in menu, what to play on the jukebox so on and so forth. Once that’s done, call up your buddies and just have your fling! Now here are some cool Friendship Day party tips and ideas for you to check out:
- First things first. Why not get the fun on with some funky invitation cards for your Friendship Day party? Consider designing them with a funny cartoon, a few good jokes, and some nice quotes or with your own signature message straight from the heart. Make it as colorful and attractive as possible so that your cool pals can’t wait to drop in at your Friendship Day party!
- Next decide the nature of your Friendship Day party. If it’s a day-party, your planning would be a little different from an overnight Friendship Day party, right ? To party through the day, a special Friendship Day cookout at your backyard is always a good idea, especially when it’s the season for the sizzling barbecues, cool lemonades and yummy hotdogs! Picnicking would be yet another sprightly thought for your Friendship Day party, this again if you’re planning to party daytime. Fill up the picnic hamper with games and goodies and check out how wild ‘wild’ can be when friends are around!
- Now if you prefer to party through the night, a Friendship Day dinner party is quite a smart thought to sweep your buds over. Hit your favorite joint with the entire gang, order what you enjoy the best and romp and chomp your way to a total upbeat and zesty fun-time on Friendship Day. Yet another starry idea for the party-freaks of the night is a sleepover party on Friendship Day. It’s quite popular with the kids, but the big ones enjoy it just as much. Or you can also invite your friends for a stargazing party this Friendship Day. For all those, who haven’t experienced what it is to lie under the starry night-sky and watch the stars with people you hold close, it’s definitely a top to-do thing, if not a must !
- Once the kind of your Friendship Day party is fixed, start deciding on the menu. Cook up some lip-smacking delicacies this Friendship Day, or you can do it all together having assigned specific tasks to the specific pally heads. Things done together are sometimes quite a thrill! Try it out for once.
- Rent out some movies which give you all a special high. Be it a thriller or a sweet lovey-dovey romantic flick, your Friendship Day should be in sync with what you all enjoy.
- If your bunch fancy sports and games, plan up your Friendship Day party accordingly. Settle for an outdoor match or arrange for some fun indoor games. Announcing prizes for every participant witnesses a high rate of participation for obvious reasons. Who doesn’t like to be prized? Of course we all do. But whoever wins or loses, you’re going to win hearts for sure!
- Games grub alright. But don’t you think the Friendship Day party stays incomplete if you fail to grip your buds in the right rhythm? So select the music with care. Decide what scores to play on your Friendship Day party. Soft numbers or fast beats? The golden oldies or some new melodies off the racks? You decide. It’s your party. Your friends. You will know the best.
- Keep the camera ready and keep capturing the precious moments on your Friendship Day party. You may not know the value of these pictures right now, but as the years pass, you’ll treasure them like never before!
- Last but not the least, bind your buds in the friendship bond with the friendship bands. You can pick them up from the stores, or make them yourself. Many colorful friendship bands hit the stores much ahead of Friendship Day. Instead of the conventional wristbands, you can go for the friendship bracelets for your women friends. Give them these nice tokens of your love as you wish them all a ‘Happy Friendship Day’ in your Friendship Day party.