Celebrity Chef and a global name to reckon with in the food domain, Chef Sanjeev Kapoor inaugurated the 2 day Food Expo 2018 in a grand ceremony held at Fateh School Ground.
This two day event is the brain child of the Udaipur Halwai Caterers Vikas Samiti, an organization working for development of businesses related to catering in Udaipur.
From Mexican Quesadillas to UP ki Bedmi Puri, the Food Expo has a huge spread of mouth-watering delicacies from national and international kitchens.
Chef Vimal Dhar of Akshatej, a catering brand of Innovating Hospitality informed that more than 40 food varieties are being prepared for this two-day event. All delicacies are pure veg and cooked by expert chefs.
Naresh Bandwal owner of Mr. Chef Food Ventures, a well-known caterer of Udaipur, informed that the event started today on 25 December at 11:30am and will conclude on 26 Dec at 8pm following a culture night and closing ceremony.
Harish Bhatt, president of Udaipur Halwai Caterers Vikas Samiti informed that the event is organized to offer every Udaipurite a vast varieties of food delicacies under one roof and also strengthen the objective of their organization in Udaipur society as well organized and mission oriented group of caterers and halwais.
Harish Bhatt (President), Devi Lal Gujar ( ex-President), Lalit Khandelwal (Treasurer), Harish Joshi (Gen Secretary) were also present during the event.
One can enjoy the following food delicacies in the Food Expo 2018:
- Middle Eastern – Baklawa, Doner Kebab
- Italian – Italian Chocolate Torte, Thin Crust Pizza
- Thai – Satay, Thai Curries
- Chinese– Spring Rolls, Chow mein, Dumplings
- Mexican – Quesadilla
- Rajasthani – Haldi ki Sabzi, Tikkad Roti
- Gujarati – Thepla, Kadhi
- Maharashtrian – Puran Poli, Modak
- Madhya Pradesh – Bhutte ki Kees, Lavang Latta
- Uttar Pradesh – Bedmi Puri, Pede
- Bihari – Litti Chowka, Bharbhara Pakode, Khajuri ka meetha
- Andhra – Biryani, Salan, Dosa, Appam
- Punjabi – Chur Chur Naan and Dal Makhni
- Uttrakhand – Alo ke Gutkhe, Jhangore ki Kheer
- Asaami – Laksa
- Kashmiri – Dum Aaloo and Kamal Kakdi Churma
- Bengali – Jhaal Mudi, Sasher Puli and Luchi Daal