Indian Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee, today declared the Railway Budget for year 2011-2012. Among many declarations, one of the relieving decision for the common man was “no increase in fare”. It is an appreciable effort of Railways that there has been no increase in fare for three successive years.
About 56 new trains, including nine non-stop Duronto trains and three Shatabdis have been introduced this year. Just like past few years, Udaipur (Mewar) Region wasn’t much benefited this time as well. Only a few new trains were introduced, and some of the existing trains were extended for a longer run. Also, frequency of few other trains has been increased.Highlights of this budget session for Udaipur are as follows: New Trains:
- Shalimar – Udaipur Express (weekly) via Katni, Kota.
- Udaipur – Bandra (T) Express (Tri-weekly) via Ratlam.
- Udaipur-Gwalior Express to Khajuraho.
- Delhi-Udaipur Chetak Express from 4 days to daily.
- Indore-Udaipur Express from 3 days to daily.
- Bhopal-Dwarka-Somnath-Udaipur-Ajmer-Jodhpur-Jaipur-Mathura-Vrindavan-Amritsar-Jammu Tawi-Bhopal