Discontent in the party cadre is rife now after the ruling party declared its first list on 11 November. Cabinet Minister Surendra Goyal has expressed his discontent with the BJP and resigned after submitting a two line letter to state BJP chief Madan Saini.
The first list issued by the BJP had Avinash Gehlot as the nominated candidate from Jaitaran seat in Pali district, which irked the current champion from Jaitaran, and explicitly saying that the party has cheated on him. The incumbent BJP Cabinet Minister turned rebel has decided to contest the seat as an independent candidate and is expected to file his nomination as Independent. Goyal said explicitly that he was not one to cheat on others and neither was he bent towards flattery.
Further, he said that since the leadership felt that he was not in the good books of the RSS, this added to his candidature being overlooked. He went on to warn that the efforts made by him in creating BJP fortunes in his constituency will now be targeted towards ensuring that the BJP is uprooted from Jaitaran.
Similar outbursts have been witnessed in 6 other districts, viz. Bhilwara, Kota, Sikar, Ajmer, Tonk and Jaipur. Probably one of the reasons why Gulab Chand Katariya is still holding candidature for Udaipur and Kiran Maheshwari for Rajsamand. The existing faces of the BJP have been retained in Udaipur, ensuring that mutiny is limited.
The Mutiny story in the BJP
- Nagaur | MLA Habiburrehman also cited discontent with the BJP and resigned from the party. He is expected to join the Congress today.
- Bhilwara | Udaylal Bhadana, President of BJP Kisan Morcha from Mandal has resigned and will contest as independent. Rebellion has also come up in Sarada.
- Ajmer | Entire BJP working executives and office bearers have expressed discontent on Vikas Chaudhry of Kishengarh being given the ticket. The members of the working executive and some office bearers have decided to submit a mass resignation from the party.
- Kota | Manmohan Joshi has decided to resign from the BJP and contest the elections as an independent. Voices raised after current MLA Sandeep Sharma retained his candidature…contd…
Interesting reads from Udaipur…
- Sikar | Anti Banshidhar group has rebelled on the former being given a ticket. BJP OBC Morcha President Prabhat Jangu has decided to resign and contest the elections as an independent.
- Bharatpur | Ritu Banavat, an existing rebel of the BJP was brought back into the party and given a ticket. This irked the incumbent MLA Bacchu Singh and he has rebelled. Will contest as independent.
- Mewar-Vaagad | Mavli ticket being given to Dharmnarayan Joshi has irked Kuldeep Singh, who will contest now as independent; Nana Ram Ahari and his supporters expressed outrage on the allotment of ticket at Kherwara.
- Chittorgarh | Maximum resentment is being felt among supporters of existing MLA Gautam Dak, who are irked at Gautam being overlooked and the ticket being given to Lalit Ostwal.
- Tonk | BJP Panchayat President Udaylal Gurjar and his supporters have expressed discontent on the allotment of tickets in Devli-Uniyara and Ajit Singh Mehta from Tonk has also expressed discontent.