A heart rending incident came to light yesterday evening when a teachers family residing in Jyotinagar near Khempura, Pratapnagar, died after allegedly consuming poison.
Vinod (50) a teacher with a private school, his wife Kalpana (45), daughter Anju (20) and son Nikhil (17) died after allegedly consuming pesticide mixed with water. The incident came to light after Anju, came out of the house in distress after having consumed the poisoned water. Getting to know of the condition, the neighbors rushed the family to hospital, where Nikhil and Kalpana were declared dead on arrival while Vinod and Anju could not respond to treatment and died while under treatment.
According to the neighbors, the family was in distress after they found out that their elder daughter had eloped with her lover who was from another caste and had married him. This they found out after the girl left home on Monday morning. As per DySP Bhagwat Singh Hinger, the family seemed to be in a state of shock. Vinod, as per information provided, did not attend school on Monday. He and his family decided to end their lives and with this purpose, Vinod bought pesticide and mixed it with water, which the family then consumed in the evening hours.
Vinod, who also used to give tutions, hung a “Tution Cancelled today” board outside his home, locked the door from outside and entered through the back gate. The family then consumed the poisoned water, ending their lives.