Hariyali Amavasya Mela for the year 2019 is underway at Udaipur. The two day mela, which is being held on 1-2 August, is a precursor to monsoon in the city of lakes. Administration has made traffic arrangements to ensure that while the Mela takes place smoothly, local commuters and tourists find a way out of the jumbled traffic situation especially in the Saheliyon ki Badi, Fatehpura, Chetak and Fateh Sagar areas.
As per Kailash Chandra Bishnoi, SP, Udaipur, arrangements for traffic management across the route and nearby parts of the city are in place. We bring you the route plan and traffic arrangements in the city, to help those commuters who need to be amidst the route, especially during rush hour.
No Traffic Zone on 01-08-2019 and 02-08-2019
- Pahadi Bus Stand to Sahelion Ki Badi
- Fatehpura Chouki to Sahelion Ki Badi
- Aravali Vatika to Fatehsaagar, U.I.T.
- Devali Tiraha to U.I.T. via Fatesaagar Overflow, Neelkanth Mahadev
- Ayurvedic Chauraha to Aravali Vatika via Fatesaagar-Swaroop Sagar link channel
- Shiksha Bhawan to Railway Colony via Fatesaagar-Swaroop Sagar link channel
- Root of Roadways buses, City buses an heavy vehicle which is coming from Jhadol to mahakaleshwar mandir, coming from Badi to rani road T Point
- Rani Road to Fatehpura via devali and Mahakaleshwar to Ayurvedic Chouraha and Ambavgarh
Parking for Visitors
- Polo Ground – Those who come from fatehpura chouraha
- Luv Kush Stadium and Akashwani Street
- Swaroop Sagar Paal and Near Home Guard Office
- Panchvati Chouraha
- Near Vidhya Bhawan
- Jhadol Mulla Talai – Vehicles plying on this route will need to follow this route: Jhadol – Mulla Talai – Ayurvedic Chauraha – Swaroop Sagar – Aravali Vatika – Shiksha Bhawan Chauraha – Jhariya Marg – Hathipol
- Badi – Vehicles plying from Badi, will enter the Shilp Gram road and move towards Maha Kaleshwar Mandir Marg and then touch Ayurvedic Chauraha to follow the route above.
- Zero Traffic Zone (No Entry): UIT – Neel Kantha Mahadev Mandir – Fatahsagar Paal
- Vehicles coming into Sukher from Nathdwara route, will need to take the left from RK Chauraha after Celebration Mall, and pick up the 100ft Sobhagpura Road to enter the city from Ayad side.
In order to control criminal activity, the SP has instructed local police stations to round up history sheeters in their respective area for the duration of the Mela and restrict their movement.