National Cadet Corps (NCC) has organised the Weapon handling and Training session at University campus grounds from October 8-10 for the girl students who are a part of the 5 Raj Girls NCC Battalion. Cadet girls are students of BN Public School, BNPG Girls College, Meera Girls College, Guru Nanak Public School and College.
With an aim to instill confidence, discipline, comradeship and train students to be worthy citizens and future leaders, schools and colleges of Udaipur enroll with NCC (National Cadet Corps) training as a part of their curriculum. NCC Cadets are given training on a regular basis. The motto of the training is to prepare students to serve the nation and be responsible and disciplined citizens of the nation. In keeping up the spirit and enthusiasm, every year, NCC cadets of the selected schools and colleges undergo weapon handling training. This years training is being conducted under the watchful eye of CO 5 Raj NCC BN Col Praveen Deo and 21C Maj Adity Singh.
The training is being held in the University campus with regular parades include training in drill, map reading, weapon training, obstacles, etc. It also includes parades for firing, social service and adventure, parasailing, horse riding, rock climbing, firing, mountaineering, cycle expedition, motorcycle expedition, trekking, etc. Parades and theory classes are organized every Saturday afternoon.
NCC Unit prepares the students for taking up higher NCC Certificate Examinations. Cadets are given opportunities for attachment with regular Army or Navy Units (as the case may be) for specialized training and actual experience of field conditions. NCC Cadets are also groomed for assisting administration in proper and orderly conduct of special events and in relief work in civic emergencies. NCC Units also organize programs as a part of Republic Day and Independence Day Celebrations, and on special occasions such as the NCC day, to provide vignettes of the actual field operations of the Defence Forces.
Achievements of Cadets of 5 RAJ BN NCC Unit
Three cadets from 5 Raj BN NCC Unit have been selected to participate in state level tournaments this year.
CDT Devika Chundawat, who is All India University champion in 2017, will be participating in the 2nd Mahaveer’s Top Shot Shooting Championship (Open) 2018; 12th Maharaja Dr Karni Singh Shooting Championship (Open) 2018 and the State Tournament 2018.CDT Anjali Singh Solanki will be participating in the 1st Shree Amar Singh Rathore Memorial Open Shooting Championship 2018. She has been a Gold medallist. CDT Sajel Rathore will also be participating in the 1st Shree Amar Singh Rathore Memorial Open Shooting Championship 2018. SUO Aayushi Ranawat of BNPG Girls college Udaipur has represented the University at various levels. 1. Participated in the All India inter University softball championship 2016-17 held at kottayam. 2. Captained the BNU team for the All India inter University softball championship 2017-18 held at Chandigarh. 3. Captained the Udaipur team for the Rajasthan open state tournament 2017 held at Bharatpur 4. Captained the BNPG Girls college team for the inter college cricket championship (2nd postn) (Best Batsman of the tournament ) 4. National level Bronze medalist in kudo. (Open) (Women’s U-55kg) MMA
FAQ for enrolling oneself or wards into NCC Units
General Criteria for Enrollment:
1) Age limit for a student to join NCC: 18 to 24 yrs of age.
2) Criteria for Enrolment:
Only first and second year graduate students are eligible to enroll in NCC.
3) Quantitative Requirement: No student of any University offering himself/herself for enrollment in the senior division shall be eligible for enrollment –
a) Unless he/she is of good character; b) Unless he/she is a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal: provided that the central Govt. may in any suitable case, relax the provision of this clause; c) Unless he/she is under age of 24 years; provided that the central Govt. may in the case of any student or class of student relax the provisions in this clause; d) Unless he/she is on the roll of the college which is providing the unit or part thereof; e) Unless he/she satisfies such standard of physical fitness in height, chest measurement and other respects as may be specified by the Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India; f) If he/she has at any time been convicted of an offence involving moral turpitude and a sentence other than one of the fine or imprisonment in default of payment of fine has been passed in respect of such offence, such sentence not having been subsequently reversed or remitted or the offence pardoned;
Provided that a person who is ineligible under this clause shall be eligible for enrolment if he produces a certificate from the state Govt. that he is a fit person to be enrolled.
- After two years of training – ‘B’ Certificate
- After three years of training – ‘C’ Certificate
Benefits of NCC:
- Preference is given to B & C certificate holders in Defense Services, Police services, Para-Military forces, Fire forces, BSF, Territorial Army, Industrial Security Forces, Public Sectors, and all uniform services.
- 60 Engineering Seats, 16 Medical Seats, 6-7% of Post Graduation seats are reserved for NCC cadets in all Indian Universities.
- Number of vacancies created every year through UPSC & SSC for ‘C’ Certificate holders and the selected only on interview basis.
- NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders are given preference in the recruitment of Civilian Gliding Instructors/Girl Cadet Instructors /NCC whole time lady officers and Aero/Ship modeling instructors.
- For Army soldier recruitment, NCC cadets get bonus marks.
- NCC Cadets have reservation in many Government jobs, especially in the State and Central Police and in paramilitary forces.
- NCC cadets have a lot of academic incentives too.
- NCC ‘C’ Certificate cadet taken part in Republic day parade at New Delhi, they are exempted from CEE and be awarded 100 marks in lieu.
- Sahara India and many other top industries pick up NCC Cadets possessing ‘C’ certificate for various job in their companies.
A cert for school students after 2 yrs trg ..helps them in securing bonus while seeking admissions in universities across the country.