Contract employee of electricity department gets electrocuted
Man gets electrocuted in Vallabhnagar.
A contract employee of the electricity department got electrocuted while he was clearing the branches touching the electric wires in Vallabhnagar.
Kishorelal Dangi was cutting off branches crossing the electricity wires when suddenly one of the branches fell on the wire and the wires broke. He received severe electric shocks and died while he was being taken to the hospital.
The officers of the electricity department claim that there was a shutdown while the branch chopping work was going on and there was no current flowing in the wires. It is hence a big question as to how there was current in the lines. It has also been noticed that Kishorelal was not wearing shoes but slippers and he did not even wear shockproof gloves. The engineers said that all the contractors have been strictly instructed to provide security equipments to the staff but they themselves are negligent. The family of the contract employee will be compensated and since he had a life insurance the family will be given the claim amount.
It is being assumed that since Kishore was working without adequate security equipments and it has been raining, too, probably the electricity wire fell into water and since he was standing in that watery area, he suffered due to electrical shocks. Though the department cannot really make out how the current was flowing in the line after a shutdown.