Electric current kills teenager-Parents demand compensation

Electric current kills teenager-Parents demand compensation

A 13 year old child died due to electric current in a shop's shutter.

 

Electric current kills teenager-Parents demand compensation

Friday night a 13 year old died due to electric current that was passing through a shop’s shutter.

Anikesh Ghanchi came in contact with the uncovered A/C wires of a shop in Bhopalwadi through which the electric current passed into his body. This turned out to be a matter of shop owner’s negligence as a result of which the child lost his life.

Saturday morning, people from the Ghanchi community demanded action to be taken against the shop keeper. The entire community blocked Teej ka Chowk market area. Police handed over the child’s body to the family after post-mortem but the family members refused to do the last rites stating it to be matter of negligence on part of the shop keeper and demanded a compensation of 5 lakhs. With the situation going out of control, police teams were appointed from Dhanmandi and Hathipole police stations. Dhanmandi CI Rajesh Verma, Hathipole CI Ashok Aanjana, BJP leader Pramod Samar along with few others reached the spot to talk to both parties. As per an agreement between the two, the family of deceased child agreed upon 2.5 lakhs as compensation following which the last rites were performed.

The incident took place close to the residence of the child at Raymond’s showroom. 200 people from the Ghanchi community did a show-down early morning as a result of which the showroom owner did not open his shop. Ladies of the community protested while still wailing on the roads. It was a mental shock to the child’s father who fainted during protest.

 

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  WhatsApp |  Telegram |  Signal

From around the web