Fire in a Garment showroom in Bapu Bazar

Fire in a Garment showroom in Bapu Bazar

A garment showroom in Bapu Bazar caught fire.

 

Fire in a Garment showroom in Bapu Bazar

A garment showroom caught fire last night in Bapu Bazar.

Paridhan, a garment showroom in Bapu Bazar, caught fire around 2315 hours yesterday. People broke the glass panels in order to douse the fire. Fire brigade reached the spot on time and took control of the situation. Police and others also put in their efforts which continued till 2 a.m.

It is being assumed that a short circuit caused fire in the showroom. Electricity supply of the area was cut down as safety measures. Showroom owner Anil Mehta was informed who reached the showroom and opened the shop shutter locks. The glass panels of the showroom were broken and the crowd present also contributed in relief work. Paras Singhvi, President of Chamber of Commerce and other public representatives also rushed to Bapu Bazar after hearing about the incident. Since the owner’s mobile number was not written outside the shop, it was difficult to inform him immediately. Fire brigade could finally control fire around 0030 hours.

Some of the public representatives suggested that presence of mobile numbers of the shop owners outside the shop should be made mandatory so that information can be sent in such situations. Had the fire not been noticed on time, it would have been a real disaster since there are too many garment showrooms side by side. Loss in the showroom due to fire has not yet been reported.

image courtesy : patrika.com

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal