High Voltage Surge causes loss of over Rs One Lakh

High Voltage Surge causes loss of over Rs One Lakh

High voltage surge in New Bhupalpura resulted in burning of electrical appliances causing an estimated loss of over Rs 1 Lakh. This comes across as another incidence of mismanagement by Electricity department, as on-duty Engineer was unaware about the incident even after 3 hours.

 
High Voltage Surge causes loss of over Rs One Lakh

High voltage surge in New Bhupalpura resulted in burning of electrical appliances causing an estimated loss of over Rs 1 Lakh. This comes across as another incidence of mismanagement by Electricity department, as on-duty Engineer was unaware about the incident even after 3 hours.

Today, a number of houses at New Bhopalpura received high voltage lately in the afternoon. 2 television sets and a refrigerator got burnt in a house, causing a loss of around Rs 1 Lakh.

It was around 2.45 pm that residents of New Bhopalpura H.N 3 witnessed this electricity mishap in which, Mohan Lal and Mahesh K. Rajani lost their Television sets while Praveen Wadhwani lost his refrigerator.

High Voltage Surge causes loss of over Rs One Lakh

According to the families, Ginal Wadhwani (7) got unconscious as she was opening the refrigerator at the same time. They also informed that the voltage surge is very common in the area and they had received the same a week back too.

On being contacted, the related authority at 33 KV Shakti Nagar Sub Station informed us that they were unaware of the fact. Later, mobile phone of the assistant engineer was switched off when UT tried to contact him to find the reason behind such mishaps.

To join us on Facebook Click Here and Subscribe to UdaipurTimes Broadcast channels on   GoogleNews |  Telegram |  Signal