Mayor Chandra Singh Kothari with his officers made 21 committees on Monday instead of 14 due to which the power of 4 main committees got distributed. The review of the committees will be made after a year.
The meeting which commenced at 1.15 PM passed the proposal of the City Sanitation Plan of Rs. 1.75 Cr to the state. Siddharth Sharma was made the Board Alert and Jagat Nagda with Suresh Singh Yadav was made Board Trustees. After the approval of the state, the trustees will be seated in the UIT board.
The following are the highlights of the 21 committees:
- Administration: After Board, this is the most powerful committee which will approve projects of the other committees. In case, the big decisions will be taken to the Board.
- Finance: The most important task is to create the budget of Nigam. Also holds the power to increase the revenue of Nigam.
- Health & Sanitation: For cleanliness drive, the Nigam is being distributed in 10 sectors.
- Building Permit: Will enforce the permit for building.
- Construction: Initiation of community halls in the city and maintenance of all buildings of Nigam.
- Slum Improvement: Development of slum areas.
- Laws and Rules: To put new bylaws for the Board meeting. Also, monitoring of the Nigam cases running in the court.
- Crime Fight & Settlement: It receives application for development against approved rules. The committee will decide whether to enforce regulatory fine or not. It is the second most important board after Admin.
- Garage & Vehicle Maintenance: Purchase all kinds of vehicles, machinery, fire brigade and their maintenance.
- Electricity Management: Purchasing electricity utilities, when in need. Arrange for electricity during fairs and festivals of Nagam buildings and related places.
- Revenue: Regulating licenses to hotels, restaurants, collection and for other category consumers of small offices for revenue generation.
- Culture & Sports: Arrangement of Dussehra-Diwali and Hariyali Fair with other sports programs.
- Parks: Development of 199 parks of Nigam and their maintenance whilst development of circles and dividers.
- Heritage: Conservation and protection of heritage properties, buildings, baawdi.
The following are the 7 new committees evolved during this tenure:
- Water Distribution System: In alliance with Water department, help curb the problems of water distribution in the city. Installation of public water faucets and maintenance.
- Golden Jubilee Employment Scheme: Under this scheme, retrieving, monitoring the government funds and utilizing them for the benefit of the general public.
- Cowshed & Animal: Catching stray animals and monitoring of animal shelters.
- Anti-Encroachment: Removing the illegal construction.
- Disaster Management: Monitoring of fire brigade. Devising work force to stp mishaps at picnic spots.
- Library & Reading Room: Maintaining the public libraries and providing apt facilities.
- Town Planning & Beautification: Prepare proposal for beautification.
The total budget after the committee creation rose to Rs. 231.39 Cr against the estimated cost of Rs. 229.99 Cr.
Source: Dainik Bhaskar