Phased Lockdown in Rajasthan with advance information - the difference between a Statesman, versus the whims of an ill-informed dictator.
The Rajasthan Chief Minister`s office, in its review meeting on 6 May, released additional guidelines to add to the lockdown like restrictions applicable in the state and extended these to 24 May, an additional 7 days after the initially announced date of 17 May.
Apart from the restrictions already in place till 17 May, the following restrictions will be in place from 10 May till 24 May.
- Additional restrictions have been placed on marriage ceremonies. The total person count cannot exceed 11 and the ceremony has to be either a court marriage or held in-residence and not at a public place. Additionally, public gatherings of any kind have also been banned. No home delivery of food will be permitted for such occasions. This restriction will be applicable till 31 May.
- Public entry to places of worship is banned till 24 May.
- MNREGA works will cease till 24 May to ensure that COVID-19 infection is not spread further in rural areas. Additional instructions on continuity, if any, will be given by the relevant department.
- Factories, construction work and industrial units will continue to operate, with regulations on ID cards of employees travelling back and forth to work.
- Attendants to look after COVID-19 patients will be permitted as per guidelines issued by health department. Attendants will be given a pass and will have to be quarantined from the rest of the family for a period of 15 days.
- Intercity and inter district movements will be disallowed during this period - exceptions include medical and other emergencies and for permitted personnel.
- Restrictions on markets and businesses will continue as per earlier – only orders taken on phone and through electronic medium will be allowed to be delivered.
All other instructions given in the earlier orders by the home department for lockdown like restrictions in place till 17 May 2021, will continue to be applicable.