Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje presented the state financial budget for fiscal year 2017-18 in the Assembly today.
Key highlights of the budget for Udaipur are as follows:
- SCADA system has been proposed in Udaipur, Jaipur, Ajmer, Bikaner and Bharatpur city for better online supervision of drinking water basins in next two years.
- Police training school to be set up in Udaipur
- Mukhaya Mantri Beej Swavlamban Yojna has been announced for Udaipur, Kota and Bhilwara agriculture divisions
- Colour Doppler machine and other equipments will be provided at multi-purpose veterinary hospital in Udaipur, Jaipur, Kota and Jodhpur
- Skill Labs will be established for Virtual training aids and simulator based education in RNT Medical College
Other key highlights of the budget for the overall state include:
- No change in VAT except 15% increase on tobacco products
- Rs. 158.63 crore allocated for art, culture and archaeology departments
- Rs 36 crore have been allocated for basic infrastructure, conservation, beautification and renovation purpose at various tourist places in state.
- 190 cities to get WiFi facilities in next financial year
- Self defence training will be given to 3.6 Lakh girls in state schools
- Smart labs will be set up in Govt schools
- Rs 7 Crore has been allotted for Project Leopard
- ISPs will be exempt from paying entertainment tax for online booking of movie tickets